Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Now here and going nowhere...

To follow up on yesterday's post, I wanted to do two things. First of all, blend the cut out shapes into the clay sheet: time and patience required. For that, I use thin paper, an old cut up credit card and I work slowly in circles.
I also wanted to take the (almost) same picture with another camera. The picture taken yesterday with my camera has a fish eye aspect (i.e. it is curved in the middle). I tried with a point and shoot (cheaper) camera and the result is better. To be highly critical (anal), the camera angle was not exact and the sheet is not quite rectangular.

Pour faire suite à mon entrée d'hier, j'ai voulu accomplir deux choses: tout d'abord, finir ma plaque de découpes en faisant disparaître les bords: temps et patience requis. Pour faire ça, je prends un papier mince et une vieille carte de crédit que j'ai coupée et je travaille en faisant de petits cercles. Je voulais aussi améliorer la photo que j'avais prise hier: à cause de la lentille de mon appareil, il y a un effet "oeil de poisson". L'autre appareil disponible est beaucoup plus simple mais le résultat est meilleur. Par contre, l'angle de ma caméra n'est pas exacte et ma plaque n'est pas parfaitement rectangulaire. Je vais tenter d'y apporter des correctifs.



I find it challenging to take pictures of a flat sheet and not get a distorted view. The angle of the camera has to be just right and the lens should not translate your flat sheet into a curved one. When I get a new camera, I will be looking out for this because I take a lot of close up pictures.
I still don't know what will become of this "project" but there are a few ideas brewing.....
Pour moi, c'est toujours un défi de prendre la photo d'un travail à plat sans distorsions. Quand je vais m'acheter un nouvel appareil (bientôt) j'y porterai attention.
Je ne sais pas où ce projet va me mener mais je de petites idées en tête....

1 comment:

Nylad said...

waaaaaaaaaaaa j'adore ce que tu viens de crée!!!!
merci por le lien ce sont de magnifiques photos!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails