Total Pageviews

Friday, May 8, 2009

Bookmaking 101

Last week at the Morrisburg Polymer Clay Gathering, I taught a class about making a book. My knowledge is limited: I am at the point where I am not aware of what I don't know! It was a very simple - I didn't say easy - class. I taught all that I knew. Now I want to learn more about bookmaking, however I want to stick with Coptic stitching. I like that kind of binding because the books lie flat and you don't have to fight with them to write/draw/sketch in them. You can make them small and unobtrusive if you want to make an entry in public.
La fin de semaine dernière, j'ai donné un cours sur l'assemblage d'un livre. Par contre, mes connaissances sont très limitées et j'ai montré tout ce que je sais. À ce stade-ci, je ne sais pas ce que je ne sais pas!!! J'aime les livres faits selon la méthode copte parce qu'ils s'ouvrent à plat. De plus, on peut les faire assez petits; ainsi, il est possible d'écrire/dessiner dedans de manière discrète en public.



My goal was one or two enthusiastic bookmakers! Boy was I wrong. Goes to show, you should never have expectations because most of the time they prove to be wrong!!
There are about 20 books in these pictures; they are all fantastic. Thank you everybody: you made my weekend!
Je me serais contentée de deux personnes enthousiastes. Je me suis trompée royalement. Vous pouvez voir une vingtaine de livres dans les photos. Sont tous plus beaux les uns que les autres. Suis retournée chez moi le coeur en fête.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails