Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The sound of snow

Have you ever listened to the snow? while walking on it (of course)! You can tell the temperature outside by the sound of your footsteps. This morning, the sound was crickle! That means it was very cold outside in the -25C range. When it crackles it is around - 20C and then it goes crunkle and for me, that means it is fairly warm weather...snow wise that is. Good skiing weather for sure.
Recently I began making teeny tiles with polymer clay and I am looking at (yet again) many possibilities; endless ones. Here is an example of what I do: the tiles are fairly small (one inch squares). I start by making a sheet, give it a general design and cut it up in little squares. I then take every little square and treat it like it was a single unit (i.e. a little painting). I then reassemble them and get this result.

This is the first one I made and assembled. If you click on the image you will see it close up. I'll post the other ones another day. I am still looking for ways to assemble the tiles. Hint: I love fiber arts.

5 comments:

2 Good Claymates said...

Very nice! They remind me of those puzzle games where you slide the tiles to form a picture. Love your comments on the snow .. -- our snow today went squish as it was +5.

Jill Berry said...

Wow! I want this! I was just writing about snow too, but the way it falls, or blasts, or wafts.
Really beautiful things you are making.

khhast said...

this is beautiful! As is the next one. Keep up the wonderful creativity!

melanie said...

This one I can read - these are gorgeous!!

Skylight Contractors Germantown said...

Good rreading this post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails